I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.

I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.
The Betty Crocker Kitchens 1940

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Not Betty Crocker's Cake!



How far would you travel for birthday cake? For a homemade German chocolate birthday cake, my husband, Robert and I hopped on a plane and headed for NYC. We were lucky enough to be house guests of Jen Iserloh (aka The Skinny Chef) and her lovely husband, Uli. (Pictured below)
True to Skinny Chef form, Jen made a wholesome and delicious cake for Robert's birthday. He thought he had died and gone to heaven - vacation from work and his favorite cake make by one of the best chefs in NY!
Photo Above: The birthday boy and the Skinny Chef

By the way, if you haven't seen Jen on the Betty Crocker baking pilot - I co-produced, check it out!

We had a great time in NY with the Iserlohs and the creativity was flowing. There may even be another book in the works...

No comments: