I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.

I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.
The Betty Crocker Kitchens 1940

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year with Vintage Betty Crocker!

Happy New Year! So great to get to know so many of you this past year, especially you Betty Crocker Scholarship winners! So many great stories. And it's funny how so many of you winners were not the least bit "domestically inclined," but were excellent test takers. However, I think so many of you sell yourself short. My guess is that you are pretty smart too. Those Betty Crocker Search for the All American Homemaker of Tomorrow Scholarship exams were tough! I could have never past one in high school. Or college.

My hope in the new year is to see some photos of you scholarship winners. And of course, hear more scholarship stories. I especially hope to hear from national winners.

I've included this wonderful ad because this is the first and only ad I've ever seen of Betty in yellow! I've seen her in green and blue, and of course, in her traditional red and white. But never in yellow until now.

I also love the copy with lines like; "Imagine! A cake that needs no icing!" And "Don't risk failure!" And "Good cooks know this."

Happy baking in the new year!

Remember you can always find Finding Betty Crocker on Amazon.


No comments: