I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.

I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.
The Betty Crocker Kitchens 1940

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Vintage Easter Cakes


Ya know what's making a major comeback? Easter Lamb Cakes.

Growing up, my mom always made the Lamby Cake for Easter. It didn't quite look like this. Ours was white cake, white frosting, coconut covered with pink jellybeans for eyes. And we loved it. I know others of you grew up with the Betty Crocker Easter Bunny cake. Adorbs! But picking the Easter basket grass out of the frosting looks like a major pain in the bunny butt. Happy Easter, Everyone!
 


3 comments:

Susan Marks said...

Check out this Lamby Cake Blog!

http://www.midcenturymenu.com/2013/03/top-lamb-cakes-renalde-lamb-cake-with-vintage-birthday-cake-frosting/

Trish said...

The grass is green food dye on coconut

Susan Marks said...

Trish, all the more reason to pick it out and not eat it.