I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.

I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.
The Betty Crocker Kitchens 1940

Monday, May 18, 2009

Betty Crocker Search for the American Homemaker of Tomorrow

I love hearing your Betty Crocker Search for the American Homemaker of Tomorrow Scholarship stories. Keep sending them my way!

I'm also still hoping to hear from a state or national winner. Recently, I paged through this test to see how I would fair. And I say without the least bit of modestly that I would have failed. This test is tough! I've heard over and over again from winners (at the high school level) that it was an easy test. I'm mystified. I think the winners are smarter than they realize.

But still, some questions are fairly easy. Here is a sample question:

A homemaker will enjoy her housekeeping task more if she:

A. has the right equipment.
B. has someone to talk to while working
C. does the task systematically and regularly.
D. has a working plan suitable to herself and her family.


I'm guessing the answer is "D". I say this because I don't have the answer key - just the questions. This was a timed test, so the participants could not spend too much time on one question.

Do any of you remember the questions from the test? Do you remember your answers?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The questions I remember was about bacteria. It gave choices on what might be the most bacteria laden location in the kitchen. I hope the right answer was cutting board, because that is what I chose!
I did win in my school and did not recall the test being difficult. I was shocked to win as was the Home Economics teacher because the girls were all expected to take Home Ec each year. This meant that they had 6 full years of classes before taking the test. I transferred into the school as a freshman and did not take but 1 1/2 years of classes before taking the test. I was busy trying to graduate early and could not work in the classes although I loved them. Went on to major in the program and still love it!