I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.

I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.
The Betty Crocker Kitchens 1940

Monday, August 19, 2013

Baking, Blue Ribbon and Betty! Whisk Factor at TPT


Read Klecko's take on the event and more here!


What a great event Justin Madel put on for TPT's Whisk Factor. The Minneapolis/St. Paul PBS affiliate station, TPT, really knows how to put on an event!

It was Baking, Blue Ribbons and Betty and I presented with Master Baker, Danny Klecko and the reigning Blue Ribbon/Sweepstakes winner - Marjorie Johnson.

We met some great people who are very interested in the Baking Renaissance and we even talked to some great folks from General Mills.

And the baked goods that were served - compliments of Klecko and Justin - were sublime. I even got to sample the treats Marjorie submitted to this year's  Minnesota State Fair baking competition. They were really, really good. Wow. I wouldn't be surprised if she were to add more ribbons to the 2000 she already has.

For the record, Marjorie was as sweet, funny, entertaining and adorable as ever. Who knew behind the "little old lady" persona beat the heart of one savvy and fierce competitor. I wish I had an I love Marjorie Johnson button to wear to the Minnesota State Fair!

Happy Baking!

No comments: