I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.

I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.
The Betty Crocker Kitchens 1940

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Finding Betty Crocker by Susan Marks

I'm wondering if there is some sort of Betty explosion going on. So many people have been writing to me about Betty. Sure, that's not uncommon, but lately it's been a dozen or more each week. More often then not, people want to know where to buy my book on Betty Crocker. Usually, I don't get involved in the book selling aspect of my books. The way I look at it, I'm the author, not the book seller, but at the same time, I don't want to be a jerk to all the kind folks who are asking where and how to get my Betty book. So here's what I suggest:

Down and dirty suggestion - go to amazon.com
It's just so darn easy. You can order the paperback version or the hardcover. (I suggest the paperback version - it's cheaper and in these trying economic times, we can't just throw our money around at every hardcover we see.)

But, I only want a hardcover version and I'm on a budget, you say?
Well, then head on over to eBay. I saw a hardcover version of my book for $4. (used) $10.25 (new). Ebay changes hourly, so check it out and you may find a great deal.

So how about your local books store - independent or otherwise? Some people tell me they went to buy my book, but the bookstore didn't have it in stock. That is because it sold out. So you have to ask the booksellers to order it for you. They will be more than happy to do that for you. I've talked to many booksellers that tell me they don't know what people want unless they ask. So g'head! Ask!

If you live in the Twin Cities area of Minneapolis/St. Paul - head over to Common Good Books in the Cathedral Hill area of St. Paul, Minnesota. You will find Garrison Keillor's lovely little book store and you will find copies of Finding Betty Crocker. Also, if you want a signed copy of my book, order it through Common Good Books. You can call them at 651-225-8989. Garrison won't answer the phone, but his helpful staff will and they will take care of you.

What's that you say? You want a personalized copy of my book? Common Good Books can help you with that too. My book is a popular Mother's Day present and I'm happy to signed it "To the real Betty Crocker, Your Mom's Name Here." People asks me to do that all the time. I think it's sweet.

There is so much more to say about Betty. More than I could fit in one book, or one documetary or one blog. So for now, thank you for inquiring about the book and for being a reader! Us authors couldn't do it without you.

Happy Easter!

No comments: