I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.

I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.
The Betty Crocker Kitchens 1940

Monday, April 20, 2009

Oral history research for Finding Betty Crocker


While researching Betty Crocker for Finding Betty Crocker and the Betty documentary film, I was lucky enough to interview quite a few "Crockettes" - former Betty Crocker Kitchen Staff. Truly an impressive bunch - college-educated, home economic experts, and overall committed to the "girlfriend to girlfriend" aspect to their jobs. They were their own customer base.

From time to time, I will post some photos and snapshots that were given to me by the "Crockettes." The photos didn't make it into the book, nor the film, so they are special, just for this blog.

Above: The late Marge Gibson around 1950, serving up a test batch of spaghetti and meatballs to General Mills employees, while another Crockette takes notes.

That's right! Even Betty needed a break from baked goods.

No comments: