I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.

I didn't choose Betty. She chose me.
The Betty Crocker Kitchens 1940

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Is Betty Crocker real?

Wow, two posts in one day! You may be wondering why? What gives? Well, again, I'm getting a lot of daily requests for Betty-related information and I now have Betty on the brain.

Do you have a Betty Crocker-related story to share? Not to be picky, but is it something other than, "I have my Mom's old Betty Crocker cookbook?" No offense, but who doesn't? I've heard that one a few million times. It's time for something new!

How about: Did you ever think Betty was real? Were you crushed when you found out the truth? Do you wish she was real? Is she real to you? Did you ever write her a letter like my Grandma did? Who else did you think was real and found out otherwise?

You can buy Finding Betty Crocker by Susan Marks on Amazon. There are more than a few stories in the book about the myth of Betty Crocker and how people cried and cried when they found out "Betty Crocker isn't one person, but many people."

No comments: